Handshake now allows you to create custom Experiences templates for your institution, allowing you to customize the surveys, attachments, and number of approvers on each Experience template.
If you're using the new experiences view, check out Creating an Experiences Template instead!
To create a new Experience template:
- Navigate to the Experience Preferences section in the institution settings
- Click Add Template
- Enter a name for the experience
- This name will be visible to students if you select Publish when they select the type of experience
- Check Publish if this should be visible to students
- Add all necessary attachments to this experience type
- Attachments will be visible to career services staff, approvers and students
How do I add approvers to an Experience Template?
- The first thing you should decide for approvers is if the student will be entering the approver details or if it is the same for every experience of this type
- If the student will be entering the details for this approver you can check Student Entry and then include the name of the approver
- If this approver is the same for every experience of this type you can select the approver from your contact list
- You can always create a new contact in the contacts section on the left navigation bar
- Select the deadline for this approver
- The approval deadline offset will be set once you begin the approval process and the approver will have the number of days you indicate to approve or decline the experience
- You can resend the link to approve the experience after this date
How do I know if my Experience Template saved?
- You will see the experience template listed in the Templates section.