Often, as a Career Services user, you will be working with an employer who is having difficulty connecting in Handshake, and it doesn't look like the user is pending approval at your institution. This is probably because they are pending approval at their company, NOT your institution yet.
The below process outlines the things that you can do on your end before contacting Handshake Support.
1. Search for the user's name up in the top blue bar (Do not search in the Contacts or Employer tabs because these users are not yet added to the institution's database)
2. Selecting this will navigate to the employers profile. Here, you will see information about the profile status - in this example, it shows that the user is pending approval from the company itself, not the institution.
3. In order to either add this user to the company, or locate the owner of the account for approval, you can select the link for "on this page" to see the company's staff members page.
4. Here, as a Career Services user, you now have the ability to manually add the user to the company page by their email address. However, we recommend only doing this for small companies, or when there are no other staff members on the account to check with for approval.
5. If you attempt to add a new user to a company profile that does not have a matching email domain, you'll see the following error appear in the lower right. If this is the case, you will not be able to add the employer user yourself.
6. If the company in Handshake is large, or if the user has a different email domain, we recommend sharing the contact information for the owner of the account. This way, the user can contact the owner on their own for approval to connect with the company. If the owner needs further assistance due to the email domains not matching, they can always contact Support for further assistance. Only the owner can approve new users; recruiters do not have this ability.