Expiring a job posting retains all helpful and important data, while still removing it from your immediate view. If there are applicants, this is the step to take if you'd like to remove the posting from student view.
Tip: If there are no applicants on the posting, and you don't need the job data in the future, you may choose instead to Delete a Job Posting.
Click Jobs from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click on the title of the job you'd like to expire.
Expire Postings at All Institutions
1. On the posting page, click the dropdown menu More Actions in the upper-right of the page, then click on Expire Job.
2. A popup will appear prompting you to confirm "You are about to expire this job across every institutions it is posted to, which will prevent additional students from applying. Are you sure you want to proceed?" Click Confirm to proceed.
3. A confirmation will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen that reads "All postings for this job will be expired in just a moment. In some cases, you may need to edit associated interview dates instead."
All the postings for this job are expired immediately, but it can take a few minutes for this update to fully reflect.
Expire Postings at Individual Institutions
1. On the posting page, click the Institutions tab, immediately to the right of Overview.
2. Scroll down to Targeted Institutions and locate the relevant institution in the list. Click the three hash marks menu to the far right in the row with the institution name (this menu icon resembles a hamburger). Click Expire Job.
A blue confirmation "Posting expired" will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen.