Does the Product Team review my feedback?
Yes! At Handshake, feedback from our users plays a significant role in our product planning and we always appreciate your insight and support. We closely track each piece of feedback that is submitted - whether you share your thoughts with a Support Agent, your Account Manager, or through the general ticket form, our product managers review each and every request!
How should I format my feedback?
There are a few simple things you can do to help us understand and evaluate your request. We'll walk through the steps and share an example
Set the scene
- What area of the product are you referring to (experiences, surveys, mass emails, etc.)?
- How is it working now?
Share your dreams
- What do you want to be able to do?
- What do you want it to look like?
Tell us the "why"
- What's the use case here? What is your typical workflow and how would your suggestion help?
- How often would you use this? Is it something you would use twice a year, or does it impact your day-to-day?
- Is it a nice-to-have, or is it crucial to your workflow? Please don't think we'll ignore the request if you tell us it's not critical. Believe us - we like nice things, too.
This is a real example of how product feedback helped us prioritize a new feature we wouldn't have otherwise had on our product roadmap:
Subject: Product Feedback: Two Way Calendar Sync
It would be nice for my Handshake appointment calendar to sync with my campus Google calendar, and vice versa. I know that I can export appointment info from Handshake to my external calendar, but this is currently just a one-way stream of information.
I've had several students book an appointment with me in Handshake after I had another meeting scheduled in my Google calendar. This was because I forgot to update my appointment block availability after that meeting was scheduled in Google. It's very tedious to adjust every time a new event is scheduled in my external calendar. Is there a way that this scheduled event could auto-populate as "unavailable" in Handshake?
Example links: Student appointments where this occurred:
Example screenshot: (include a screenshot of what you are currently seeing)
That's just about it! By thinking about a few simple questions, you can help us knock the socks off of our product manager when we pass your feedback along!
What happens after I submit product feedback?
Typically, one of three things will happen when you submit product feedback:
- We'll ask you for more information. If you haven't addressed one of the questions above, we may ask you to clarify something.
- We'll let you know it's something we're not going to consider. We want to be honest with you and tell you when something will not be on our radar.
- We'll pass it on to our product team. From there, they will track the request and will reach back out with any updates!