With Handshake, you will not be able to post a job to an institution until they have approved your connection and grant your Company Profile the Post Jobs Permission. If you do not have this Permission at this institution, they will not appear as an option to add to your job posting. Follow the steps listed below to ensure you have this Permission from this institution.
- You will also want to make sure this institution is on your Favourite Indtitutions List. If it isn't on your Favourites List, first follow the steps in Institution Network Management: Requesting, Adding, and Removing Institutions.
- You can check to see if an institution is on your Favourites list by clicking on Institutions in the left hand navigation bar.
- If you need to check to see if the Institution has given you the Post Jobs Permission, search for the institution on this page. Once located, click directly on the name of the institution.
- This will take you directly to this Institution's profile page on Handshake. From here you'll be able to clearly see what your status is with that Institution and which Permissions they have given you.
- If you notice that you do not have the permission to Post Jobs with that institution, kindly contact the Career Services Centre at that University. This is because each institution is independently responsible for approving, declining, and giving permissions to their employers and every institution has different deciding factors when selecting which employers to connect with. Only the institution can provide these permissions.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- It typically takes 1-5 business days for an institution to approve an employer. If you do not receive a response within that time frame, we recommend contacting the Career Services department at the institution. You can find the contact information for an institution's Career Services by selecting Institutions in the left hand menu, and then clicking on the name of the institution you wish to reach.
- Once institutions have approved you and given you the permission to post jobs, you can post your saved positions by following the steps here: How do I post a 'not posted' job to an institution?
- You can find an institution's contact information by clicking on the name of the institution, and scrolling down on their Handshake page until you see Contact Information towards the left side of the page.
- While you're waiting to get approved at an institution, you can still create and save your job postings to post later once you're approved. Once the institution has given you the role to post jobs, you can post your saved job by following the steps here: How do I post a 'not posted' job to an institution?