If you encounter an error that says "You do not have permission to do that", this indicates you do not have the necessary permission to access the particular page or complete the task in Handshake.
For students, this error could appear if you're:
- using a link for an event or fair that is invite-only, and you've not been invited
- trying to load a job posting that hasn't been approved at your institution
- trying to load a job posting that was approved at your institution, but has expired
Note: the situations listed are the most common examples, however, there may be others that result in this error as well. The root cause remains the same – the item is restricted from your user's view.
When you encounter this message, the following options are available:
- if your institution has partnered with Handshake:
- contact the Career Centre for more information on the item
- if your institution has not yet partnered with Handshake:
- submit a ticket to our Support Team regarding the situation
Note: While the error and the root cause is the same across all user types, the implications or necessary steps to resolve the error vary, depending on the user type and circumstances. Refer to the following links for career services-related and employer-related workflows.
Article is closed for comments.