The contacts section is a place for you to manage all of your employer relationships, even with employer staff members that may not have a Handshake account.
There are three ways to add contacts to your database in Handshake:
- Create a contact from the user's profile
- Create new contact details manually
- Importing Employer Contacts - best if adding contacts in bulk, most relevant during implementation
Create a contact from the user's profile
Navigate to the user's profile in Handshake. On the left of the profile toward the bottom, locate the Actions menu list, then click the Create Contact for User button.
You'll be able to update some fields as needed on the page that loads, then click Create Contact in the lower-right of the page to save the new entry.
Note: the edits made on this page are only reflected in your contact entry, not on the user's profile!
Once you have a contact added for the user, the profile option will update to "View Contact Details".
Create new contact details manually
1. Click Contacts in the left navigation bar, and click New Contact in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Enter the information about this new contact in Handshake. You will be able to invite this contact to create their own account in Handshake after it's created. Until they create an account, you can use their contact information to keep them up to date on university information and recruiting calendars.
You'll can enter the following fields for the new contact:
- Assigned to: (select an existing university staff member from the dropdown)
- *Email address
- *First name
- Last name
- Phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Cell phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Alum graduation year
- Recruiting interests
*Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Once the required fields are completed, click on the green button Create Contact in the lower-right corner of the page.
Removing a Contact
If an employer contact is no longer active at their company, you may chose to remove them from your Contacts list.
1. Click Contacts in the left navigation bar, and type the employers name that would like to delete as a contact into the search bar, then click Search.
2. Once the contact is located, click the three stacked lines, located to the right of the contacts name, and then click Edit.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red Delete button, located in the bottom left corner.
Note: this will only remove the contact from your Contacts list. If the employer user has a profile connected to their company, this will not remove their profile.