If your Institution would like to feature a particular event, career fair, job, employer, interview or article to students, you can do so by pinning these items.
All pinned items will be displayed to students on the homepage of their Handshake account under the "Suggested by your career centre" section.
Note: We recommend that you do not exceed eight pins for each group of students that you are pinning items to. This is because students can only view up to 5 pinned items at a time directly from the homepage.
To pin an item, Career Services users must have the "Pin To Student Homepage" role in Handshake. Learn more about Institution Settings: Career Services Staff Roles and Permissions.
Create a new pin
1. On the item you want to pin, locate the Actions section of the page, and click Pin Item.
2. On the popup that appears, select the desired Pin status:
- Active: The item will display in the "Suggested by your Career Centre" section of the homepage for students.
- Inactive: The item will not be displayed on the student homepage, and you will be able to manage the pin in the institution settings and activate it when you are ready.
3. Click Create Pin, and set qualifications for the Pin (as desired), then click Update Qualification.
- You can target Pins to certain subsets of students at your institution based on the filters on the Pin qualifications page.
- The Student Drilldown displays how many students will be able to view this Pin.
Reminder to fair co-hosts: if you decide to pin a shared fair (that your institution has been invited to), the pin will only be displayed to students at your institution!
Review your pinned items
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the page, then click on Institution Settings from the dropdown menu.
2. Click Pins from the menu on the left of the page.
3. From the list of pins displayed, click the three hashmarks to the far-right in the pinned item row to access the actions menu: View Pinned Item, Edit Qualifications and Activate / Deactivate.
Hashmarks action menu:
Expiration of a pin
The amount of time a pinned item is visible to students depends on what is pinned.
For example, items that have an associated date with it, like a career fair, event, job, etc. will remain pinned until the item has expired, such as the day after the activity has ended or the apply end date.
Note: Even if a pin is no longer visible to students under their "Suggested by your career centre" section, a pin can still remain active.
For Resources (articles) that do not have a date associated with it, these will remain pinned until the pin is manually deactivated.