Employers can proactively message students on Handshake when conditions for recruiting activities are met.
To proactively message students, Core and Handshake Plus employers must have at least one approved job posting or an approved but now expired job posting at the institution at which the student(s) attends. Refer to Understanding Job Posting Approvals.
To connect with students and alumni in the Open Network, Core and Handshake Plus employers must have at least one approved or expired job posting at any partner institution on Handshake. Learn How to Connect with Handshake Open Network.
Additionally, the following must also be true:
- The company is approved to connect with the institution
- The student(s) has activated their profile and their profile visibility is not "Private"
- Applicable messaging limits haven't been reached
- Handshake has set messaging limits to encourage more meaningful and intentional interactions with students. More details are available in Messaging Limits in Handshake.
Note: Premium partners can message students without a job posted. Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
Send message from Search Students
1. Click Search Students from the left navigation bar. For more details, refer to the Search Students Feature.
- If your company is a Premium partner, click Candidates instead, then click the Search Students tab.
2. Click the Message button to the far right of the student name you'd like to message.
- Once you have checked the box for at least one applicant, the applicant table column headers are replaced with bulk actions. Click Select all to message all students, then click Message Students.
3. This will immediately open a pop-up message window where you can type your message.
4. Once you've finished writing your message, click the blue button Send in the lower right corner of the message pop-up box.
Message a student from their profile
- Click directly on the student's hyperlinked name. This will take you directly to the student's profile if they have opted to share their profile with employers.
- From here, click on Send a Message under the Actions section to the right on the page.
3. The same message screen from above will appear.
4. Once your message has been crafted, click on Send in the lower-right corner of the message popup box.
- Invite your matches to apply for your job. Learn more about Job Matches.
- Send a message to Your Candidates.
- Learn more about Campaigns: Create and Manage a Campaign*.
- *only available to Premium partners. Refer to A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
- After a job is posted, and applicants are received, check out Messaging Applicants.
- Follow-up after an event by Messaging Event and Fair RSVPs.
- To learn how to view and respond to your messages, refer to How Do I Access My Messages?.
Article is closed for comments.