Job expiration dates can be managed at any time, regardless of the postings' status.
- Active jobs: For currently active postings, an email notification is sent to the original job poster three days prior to a job expiring, with a reminder that their posting is about to expire.
- If you extend the expiration date before the job expires, there will be no impact to the approval status, and the posting will remain active until the new expiration date.
- Expired jobs: If your job posting has expired and you would like to re-open it for applicants, the posting will be resubmitted for approval upon saving the updated expiration date.
- Note: If you would like to renew the job posting but would not like past applicants to be associated with it, duplicate the job to create a new job instead. For steps, refer to How to Duplicate a Job Posting.
1. Click Jobs on the left navigation bar, then use available filters to identify relevant postings.
- Tip: use the column headers or View by Institution or Job to sort the jobs listed!
If an expected job post is not listed, there are 2-3 view filters that may impact which jobs are displayed, depending on your company settings. Click each of the following to change listed job postings:
- Favourite Institutions Filter: This Handshake filter is in the upper-right corner of the screen, to the left of the Help dropdown. Click on the text to switch displayed data across all of Handshake between institutions you've favourited and all institutions your company is approved to connect with.
- For more information and screenshot examples, refer to Using the Favourite Institutions Filter.
- Edit this: This jobs view filter is toward the upper-left of the page, next to the Jobs heading. Click Edit this to switch displayed job postings between only jobs you've created or all jobs created for your company. Check out Job View Settings in Navigating the Jobs Page.
- Divisions: If your company has configured divisions for different departments using Handshake, click the Divisions dropdown in the jobs table, in the row above the column headers. For additional details, check out Posting Active State and Divisions in Navigating the Jobs Page.
2. Click on the job title to load the posting's page.
3. You'll need to access the Institutions page in the edit menu to manage the expiration date. This can be accessed via the Edit button and from the Institutions tab. Both access points are described below.
Once you are on the Institutions page, move on to Step 4.
The Edit button
- Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the page, to the left of the More Actions dropdown.
- Click the Institutions tab in the lower-middle navigation bar on the page.
The Institutions tab
- Click the Institutions tab on the header bar, to the right of the Details tab, then scroll down to the Targeted Institutions section.
- Click the blue button Post to More Schools, on the right of the page.
4. Expiration dates may be extended or renewed for individual institutions or for all requested institutions.
When selecting a new expiration date, you must select both a date and specific time from the calendar icon in order for the date to update and save.
Date and time selections will be reflected in the Expiration Date box for each institution.
- To extend or renew for an individual institution, locate the institution in the list, then click on the calendar icon to the right of the Expiration Date box to select a new expiration date and time.
- To extend or renew for all requested institutions, click the calendar icon to the right of the expiration date box, located under the Global Expiration date in the upper-right corner of the page. This will mass-update the expiration date for all institutions currently listed on this posting.
5. Click Save in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes.
If the posting was previously expired, after saving, the status of the job will update from 'expired' to 'pending', as each institutions' career services team will need to approve the updated posting. If an institution has allowed auto-approval of your company's jobs, the posting will show Approved.
Article is closed for comments.