Dymo printers can be a bit tricky, so if you're using these to print name tags at the check-in kiosks for events, you occasionally might run into an error message when launching a kiosk for an event, but we have a few troubleshooting steps you can take here!
Note: kiosks are not available for virtual fairs; when students launch a session, Handshake records that as a checkin for reporting purposes.
Make sure you're using correct devices
Make sure you are using the same printer that was initially connected to the laptop on setup.
The error "No Printer Found" can occur if you connect a different printer to the computer than the one that was originally connected when the software was installed.
If you know a different printer was connected originally, you can either connect that original printer, or skip to the steps for re-installing Dymo software below (to accommodate your current printer).
Test in several browsers
Try printing a name tag in a different browser. We recommend testing in:
- Safari (on Mac) or Edge (on PC)
If the name tag prints in another browser, try clearing your original browser's cache.
Re-install the software
If you've tested in different browsers and are still getting an error, uninstall the Dymo software and reinstall.
First, uninstall Dymo from your computer.
Before reinstalling, unplug the printer (remove the USB connection from the computer).
After uninstalling the software and unplugging the printer, follow the steps below to re-install.
1. Refer to the Dymo Compatibility Chart for the correct download (8.7.4).
- Note: Do not download the DYMO Connect for Desktop software. This does not include the DYMO Web Service, which is necessary to print labels.
2. Scroll down to the All Software Versions table, then select the most recent version that is not a "Connect" version. At this time, this is version 8.7.4 for both Mac and Windows.
3. When installing the software, keep the printer unplugged from the computer. The instructions will tell you exactly when to connect it!
This should get you up and running smoothly!
If you're still running into issues, you can add the following addresses as trusted sites: