The student homepage in Handshake provides access to your institution's career centre, and helps you find resources related to your interests by displaying collections!
Click on the collapsible headers to learn more!
Institution's Career Centre
Access your institution's resources by clicking the link [INSTITUTION NAME] Career Centre, located below the teal banner, or click Career Centre in the upper-right corner of the page.
Within your institution's Career Centre, you'll have access to:
- Appointments - schedule time to meet with experts and build your career.
- To learn more scheduling an appointment in Handshake, refer to Request an Appointment with your Career Centre.
- Resources - read curated content from your career centre.
- Experiences - track your internship or co-op experiences.
- First Destination - let your institution know what you'll be doing after graduation.
- Surveys - answer questions from you career centre.
- Career Journey - complete tasks to complete your career journey.
Explore employers and jobs that have been curated by your institution — check out Curated Employers At Your Institution for more information.
You'll aso have access to upcoming events and career fairs at your institution, a public staff list, and contact information.
Collections posted to the homepage are based on your engagement and ordered by relevance - we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get to the collections you engage with the most!
Depending on your engagement, you may have access to the following collections:
- Virtual Group Events (upcoming virtual events)
- Jobs with Virtual Info chats
- Virtual Employer Sessions (upcoming 1:1 meetings)
- New Jobs recommended for you (based on views and applications)
- Jobs with Connections (an employer contact is attached)
- Personalised Jobs for you (new jobs recommended for you)
- Job Roles (jobs with roles of interest)
- Course Groups (jobs that pertain to a certain course)
- On Campus Jobs (jobs posted by your institution for on campus employment)
- Expiring Jobs (jobs expiring within 2 weeks)
- Interested Industries (jobs within industries of interest)
- Application Reminder (jobs where the application was started but not finished)