With Handshake's expansive employer network, we understand how important it is to be able to manage your employer requests efficiently.
Using our Auto Approval feature, Handshake will auto approve all employers validated by SIFT and our Trust & Safety Team, in combination with employer tags.
Employers requesting to connect with your institution in Handshake are auto approved if they are validated and are not tagged for the selected reasons. If the requesting employer does not meet the identified parameters, the request is sent into the pending queue for manual review by your team.
To learn more about the Employer validation system, please visit Understanding how Employers are Validated on Handshake
Set up Auto Approval
1. To enable Auto Approval, click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Institution Settings, then click Employer Approval Preferences.
2. Check the box next to "Auto approve all validated employer requests", then configure the Auto Approval settings:
- Review and check the box for any employer tags that your institution would like to review prior to approval.
3. Click the blue box Save Changes to implement the configuration.
All new or updated settings saved will be applied to all new, incoming employer requests moving forward.
Note: any existing employer connection requests will have to be approved manually.
Auto Approval indicators
When viewing the company profile, the message “System automatically approved EMPLOYER NAME” will display in place of the staff member name that approved the employer.
From the manage Employers page, on the Approved tab, use the System Approved filter under "Other" to display only employers that have been approved using this process.
In Analytics, when reporting on employer approvals and including the responding user email or name, system approved employers will either:
- not be included/displayed - if you've filtered on a particular user
- display with the responding user field as an icon that appears as a circle with a line through it
Here's an example from our demo environment, with three system approved employers:
To only report on system approved employers, ensure the Employer Approvals Status is added as a filter, equal to "approved", then add the Responding Users Email as a filter, select "is Null", and run the report.