An Experience in Handshake is a way to submit an internship for approval.
Once you submit an Experience, you can manage it through Handshake and create learning objectives to track your progress.
Submit an Experience
1. Click Career Centre on the left navigation menu, then click Experiences.
2. Click on the tab Submit an Experience, located in the upper-left corner of the page, or click the blue button Submit an Experience.
3. Select your Experience Details by choosing the Experience Type and Term from the dropdown options. Both of these fields are required.
If you aren't sure which ones to select, we recommend connecting with your Career Centre. To find your career centres contact information, refer to How to Locate your Institution's Contact Information in Handshake.
4. Enter the Organisation information:
- This may be an employer, institution, or program
- Phone Number
- Email Address
5. Enter the Experience information:
- This may be a specific job, internship, or other learning opportunity.
- Start and End
- Experience Type
- Employment Type
- Offer Date
Add experience to profile?
- Check the box to add to your Handshake profile
6. Enter your Supervisors contact information:
- Email Address (required)
7. Answer the custom questions set by your institution (if available).
8. Click the green button Submit an experience in the bottom right corner of the page to complete the Experience request process.
Once requested, you'll be directed to the Experiences Overview page. You'll also receive an email to your inbox confirming the request.
Missing the Career Centre option on the left navigation bar?
If you don't have Career Centre as an option on the left navigation bar, it means your institution doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!) If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career centre to formally partner with us and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your institution!