An Experience in Handshake is a way to submit an internship for approval. Once you submit an Experience, you can manage it through Handshake and create learning objectives to track your progress.
Request an Experience
1. Click Career Centre on the left navigation menu.
2. Click Experiences from the Career Centre page.
3. Click Request an Experience, located in the upper-left corner of the page.
4. Choose the relevant Experience Type and Term from the dropdown options. Each institution creates their own set of Experience Types and Terms, so reach out to your Career Centre if you aren't sure which one to select.
5. Enter the Employer details for your Experience:
- Employer Phone Number
- Employer Email Address
6. Enter the Job details for your Experience:
- Date (dd-mm-yyyy)
- Job Type
- Employment Type
- Offer Date
Add experience to profile?
- Check the box to add to your Handshake profile
7. Enter your Approvers information - your Internships Supervisor:
- Email Address (required)
- Name (required)
- Phone Number
8. Answer the custom questions set by your institution (if available).
9. Click the green button Request Experience in the bottom right corner of the page to complete the Experience request process.
Once requested, you'll be directed to the Experiences Overview page. You'll also receive an email to your inbox confirming the request.
To learn more about tracking your Experience, refer to Tracking Your Experience. If you'd like to upload an attachment to your Experience, check out Uploading an Attachment to an Experience.
Missing the Career Centre option on the left navigation bar?
If you don't have Career Centre as an option on the left navigation bar, it means your institution doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!) If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career centre to formally partner with us and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your institution!
Article is closed for comments.