Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
Every employer on Handshake will have a company profile, however the Premium Company Profile offers additional components to help you make the most out of your Handshake account to help you show off your brand with schools, students, and alumni on Handshake.
Notes to keep in mind:
- The Handshake platform is a locked platform, so only students who have an active Handshake account will be able to view your profile.
- Other employers on the Handshake will not be able to view your company profile. The only ones who can see this are students, career services, and other staff member users connected to your company.
- Any of the information listed on your company profile can be edited at any time, but this action can only be performed by the Owner or Admins on the account.
To see your company profile, click Company Profile or Branding in the left hand navigation bar. Both of these options will take you to the same page.
You'll be able to see what your company's profile looks like from a student's perspective by clicking on View As... in the banner that appears in the top of your screen:
- A lot of the information on your company's profile is dynamic, which means it may look differently depending on which type of student is viewing your profile.
- For example, if a student is attending ABC University, and you have an Employee Perspective with an Intern from that same school, we'll tailor that student's view to see that Employee's Perspective first. This same example would work for similar majors.
- In this case, you have the ability to view as a specific major at a specific school to see exactly how your profile would look for that student.
There are four main tabs located on your company's profile. We'll break down each one and their features below:
Watch a video about the Premium Employer Brand Profile here!
- The first thing you'll see on your company profile is your Cover Photo.
- This is an important component because this is the first thing students will see when they view your profile on Handshake.
- You can edit this photo at any time.
Company's Name + General Information
- Below your Cover Photo, you'll see your Company's Name, and all of the information about your company.
- This includes your location, industry, employer size, and public or private status.
- Your team will be able to indicate which job you'd like to feature directly on your profile for students to see right away.
- There can only be one featured job at a time, but there is an easy-access link for students to click on to see more jobs, which will show them all of your jobs posted on Handshake at their school.
- These are testimonials from your current employees.
- You'll work directly with your Employer Success Manager at Handshake to get these posted.
- We recommend working with any of your interns or entry level hires who are comfortable being featured on the profile page.
- We host videos from both Youtube and Vimeo, and both are able to be posted on your profile.
- You're able to post as many photos as you'd like!
- Here you'll be able to display your website, phone number, company email, and any social media links that you have.
- This will showcase a general overview of your company.
- This will display up to three jobs currently posted on Handshake.
- This section also provides an easy access link tool see all jobs that are posted.
Tips from Students
- These are unlimited and you can post as many as you'd like!
- We recommend keeping in mind that these are going to students, and some of these students may be first generation and this may be their first experience with a corporate level job. In this case, it's very useful for you to provide simple and helpful tips for when they're going to interview or start their first day with your company.
- You're able to post three news articles at a time.
- You will need to work directly with your Customer Success Manager at Handshake to update these as needed.
Public Staff List
- Any of your staff can indicate whether they'd like to be Publicly listed on the company profile.
- If they are public, they will show live on the profile. Students will be able to click on their names to be taken directly to their user profile.
- This is an internal-only score, meaning that it cannot be seen by any students. This is only visible to staff members and career services, and is helpful for employers to assess their profile.
- More details about the Trust Score can be found here About Employer Trust Score.
- Tips on increasing your Trust Score can be found here How Can I Increase My Trust Score?.
- These are any events listed at your company.
- Students will only be able to view events that their school has been invited to, or that are being hosted at their school.
- A list of Career Fairs your company is currently registered for.
- Students will only be able to view Career Fairs that their school is hosting at their school, or has been invited to.
- When viewing this page of your company's profile, students that have worked for your company will have a button on their side of their account that will say "Leave a Review". This enables them to leave a review for your company on Handshake.
- They can leave public or semi-private reviews.
- You can respond to any reviews left for your company.
- More details about Reviews can be found in these articles:
- This is very similar to the Reviews tab, explained above.
- Students are able to leave reviews about interviews with your company here.
- You'll also be able to see upcoming reviews to the right of the page.
- This is a tab where students can see all the jobs currently posted for your company on Handshake.
- Students will only be able to see jobs posted at their own school.
- The jobs most relevant to them will appear towards the top of this page.
- Clicking on the name of the job will open up a new window for the student, taking them directly to that Job's overview page, with the ability to apply.
Watch our video about the Premium Employer Brand Profile here: