Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
Create more authentic experiences for candidates by connecting them with like-minded peers outside of your team. Pair peers with prospects and proactively improve your candidate’s experience.
What can Ambassadors do on Handshake?
Ambassadors can message students, launch Check-in Kiosks, and review Event & Career Fair RSVPs. But they can’t:
- Request Institution Access
- Post Jobs / Interviews
- Request Events / Fairs
- Review Job & Interview Applicants
- Access the Talent Engagement Suite (including Segments, Campaigns, and Branding)
Think of it as ‘read-only’ rights to all things event & individual messaging-related. They can help you with candidate engagement, but they can’t do anything else.
For additional background, see our Role Based Access help article.
How do I mark an account as an “Ambassador”?
From the Teammates page directory, click the three dots menu to the far right of the teammates name, then click Set to public, so that students will be able to view your Ambassador's profile.
After setting them to public, click the three dots menu again, then click Edit user.
On the teammate's user settings, simply change the “Role” drop-down to Ambassador:
How do I invite Ambassadors to use Handshake?
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click Teammates.
2. Click the button Copy Invite Link in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Select either Ambassador or Student Ambassador from the role dropdown, then copy the link that populates.
Share this link with your colleagues to allow them to be automatically connected with your company upon creating and confirming their account.
Ambassador Campaigns Functionality
1. Tag Ambassadors when you create your Campaigns
When creating a Campaign, you’ll see a new “Related Ambassador” field:
Note - you’ll only see accounts specifically marked as “Ambassador” show up in the drop-down.
2. You’ll see the Ambassador show up in your Campaign Preview, along with your message
Feel free to tweak your message accordingly, to share more about the person you’ve included.
3. Students receiving the Campaign will be able to click through to your Ambassador’s profile
They can proactively send them a message if they have a question about their experience at your company.
4. Ambassadors get notified (via email) about student messages
They can log in to message the student back, or contact (individually) other students in their network.