On Handshake, you can use messaging templates to maximise the efficiency of your team's workflow and establish consistency within your campaigns.
These templates can make campaign creations more streamlined and faster, while using language that is often used by your team.
Create a new template
1. Click Campaigns on the left navigation bar, then click the blue button Create campaign, located in the top-right corner of the page.
Note: while you won't be setting up a campaign, you can only create your template in the Message section of the campaign form.
2. In the pop-up modal, choose a campaign type.
Tip: we recommend selecting the campaign type 'Other". If you choose the campaign type 'Job', the UI will not match the images in this article.
3. On the campaign's Details page, add a Campaign Name, then click the blue button Continue in the lower-right corner of the page.
4. On the campaign's Message page, add a message that can be used across your team in the textbox.
5. Once the message is complete, click the blue hyperlinked text Save Template, located above the text box in the top-right corner.
6. In the pop-up that appears, enter the name of your template in the Name field, then click the blue button Save Template.
7. The message "Message template successfully created" will appear in a green banner at the bottom of the page.
Going forward, this template will be available to all premium users associated with your company's Handshake account.
Skip to Use a template to learn how to insert template within a campaign!
Save a template
When you create a campaign, any message that you add can be saved as a template for future use!
On the Message page, within the campaign creation, click the blue hyperlinked text Save Template, located above the text box in the top-right corner.
In the pop-up that appears, enter the name of your template in the Name field, then click the blue button Save Template.
Use a template
When creating a campaign, you can choose to either use a template created by you or any of your teammates on Handshake!
- On the Message page, within the job campaign setup form, click the blue hyperlinked text Use Template, located below the text box.
- On the Message page, within the event, fair, or 'other" campaign setup form, click the blue hyperlinked text Insert Template, located above the text box in the top-right corner.
Job campaign (form)
Event, fair or 'other' type of campaign (form)
In the pop-up modal, you'll have access to templates created by you and your teammates.
Select a template to preview the message, then click the green button Add to insert the template within the campaign message. Once added, you can proceed with the creation of your campaign.