This resource will help you navigate the fair search page to identify upcoming virtual fairs and learn how to register.
Search or browse for fairs
Click on Fairs from the left navigation bar in Handshake. Upcoming fairs are listed on this page.
Note: fairs posted by institutions that have declined your company profile will not be displayed on this page. If you are unable to view an expected fair, reach out to the institution directly for more information, and check out our recommended troubleshooting steps in Resolving Issues Registering for a Career Fair.
You may use the filters on the left sidebar to narrow and customise your search results.
- Keyword search
- "Show Favourite Institutions Only?" (yes/no toggle)
- Read more about your Favourite Institutions in Institution Network Management.
- "Show Followed Only? (yes/no toggle) - if yes, displays only fairs that you've followed
- Institution (name)
- Location Type - only relevant for physical (in person) fairs, so filter by Virtual to display fairs that will be held virtually
- Show Open for Registration Only
To view more information about a fair, click on the name of the fair. This will open the fair overview page, which contains additional details, the fair's point of Contact information, and more.
Register for a fair
Click on the blue button Register in the upper-right corner of the page.
You’ll need to fill in the information described below.
- Select a Registration Type (created by the hosting institution)
- Add-on Items (depending on institution setup)
- General Items (depending on institution setup)
- Employer description - The default limit is 750 characters, but this may be changed per each institution's preference and may vary from fair to fair. To confirm the limit, look below the company description text box that says "The career fair organiser has set a limit. XX characters remaining"
- Schedule Owner - The teammate that is responsible for creating the fair schedule. This person must have an active Handshake account.
- Division - Leave this field blank if there are other divisions of your company that wish to attend, as multiple divisions may not be registered for a virtual fair
- To support multiple divisions attending, each registration allows for group sessions throughout the entire fair (12 maximum, if the fair is 6 hours) and up to 100 teammates to attend.
Tip: Make sure jobs are active in Handshake and the expiration date is at least past the date of the fair –– opportunities are highlighted to students participating in the fair; however, students cannot view or apply to expired jobs.
- Are the roles you want to fill posted on Handshake? (yes/no/I’m not hiring for a specific role right now)
- If yes/no, add Job Titles
- Note: start typing in the field to generate a drop-down list of jobs in Handshake. If the job isn't posted yet, you'll be able to edit your registration until the registration end date - after that, you can reach out to Career Services for assistance linking a new job posting.
- If yes/no, add Job Titles
- Employment Types (Full-time/Part-time)
- Job Types
- Level of Study
- Accept All Courses (dependent on institution allowing)
- Select Course Groups or individual courses
- Payment Method (credit card/manual, depending on institution settings)
- Enter billing address
- Confirm understanding of refund policy (check the box to confirm!)
Click the blue Create Registration button in the lower-right of the page to finish and submit the registration to the institution for approval.
When the registration is submitted, a confirmation will load with a reminder for the next steps (waiting for institution approval and setting up a schedule).
Note: a schedule may only be set once the registration is approved. The Schedule Owner will receive a notification when registration has been approved, so you can set your schedule at that time. Refer to Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs.
Learn more about career fairs on Handshake in our self-guided Pathfinders course here.