If a student on your campus would like to attend a virtual appointment, fair, or event and an interpreter's services are needed (we support an interpreter providing live captioning), please use the process below to request that service.
Note: You will need to identify your own interpreter and have them create a Handshake account. We recommend a student account type for the best experience.
Submit a new Support ticket here and please include the following information:
- Events: Event ID(s) (found in the URL)
- Fairs: session(s) time and student ID
- Appointments: the direct link to the virtual appointment video session
- The user ID of the interpreter
- We recommend the interpreter be setup with a student account for the smoothest experience.
Note: the ID number is the number at the end of the web address when viewing the user's profile or the event.
At this time, we only allow the dominant video to be the speaker (host or participant), so we cannot support BSL interpreters at this point.
When an interpreter is added for live captioning, everyone can choose to see them in the CC (closed captions panel) or turn them on for the main screen. The interpreter is separate from regular video chat, so most students will likely not even know they’re there.