Institution Recommendations match employer jobs with institutions that have the highest number of candidates aligning with institution location and job preference criteria.
- Access and overview
- Customise recommendations
Institution Recommendations filters
Employers will be shown institutions that have a significant number of students based on both or either of these filters related to a job:
- Job geo-filter: Radius based on institutions within 250 miles of job's primary location
- Note: if there is more than one location on the job, the first location listed is used. You can change this via Customise Recommendations, instructions below.
- For Premium partners: if "various locations" is indicated instead, no geo-filter is applied.
- Job preferences:
- Level of Study
- Grad Date
Institution Recommendations access and overview
To access institution recommendations, employers must:
- have an active employer user account connected to a company profile.
- be able to access to jobs. If Jobs is not listed on the left navigation bar, contact your company's Owner to request a role change.
- For more information, refer to Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?
1. Click Jobs from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click on the desired job's title.
2. The job's overview page will load - click the Institutions tab, to the right of Details.
3. The top 5 Institution Recommendations load at the top of the tab, with Customise Recommendations in the upper-right corner of the section.
Immediately below, each listed institution displays:
- the institution's name and location
- a count of Qualified candidates here, based on your job preferences
- an action button, which varies depending on your company's approval status with the institution
Below the top 5 recommendations is blue text "Load more" - click on “Load more” to view an additional 5 recommendations, up to 25 institutions max.
Institution Recommendation actions
This option displays if your company profile is not connected to the institution and hasn't requested to connect. Click Request connection to send an employer approval request to institution.
In the popup that appears, the option prompts if you'd like to automatically post this job to the institution if connection request is approved (defaulted to yes). Uncheck the box to opt out of automatically posting the job upon approval.
Click the blue button Request to proceed and send the request.
This option displays if your company has an existing request to connect that is set to "Pending" or "In Progress".
Click Follow up to load the institution page. Review the request history and add a comment to send a note directly to the institution.
Post job here now
This option displays when an employer is already connected to an institution and has permission to post jobs. Click Post job here now to send the institution a posting request.
Once the posting request is sent, this institution will be removed from the recommendations list and appear on the “targeted institutions” list below it (which includes details on status of the posting).
Institutions that have declined to connect will not display in the Institutions Recommendations view.
Customise recommendations options
Institution recommendations are based on existing job preferences and the primary location by default.
Click Customise recommendations in the upper-right of the Institution Recommendations section to change applied filters.
In the popup that appears, uncheck/check the boxes as desired to remove/apply a filter to recommended institutions:
- They meet your job's preferences
- Your current preferences are displayed below - click the blue hyperlinked text "Edit them" to access and edit your job preferences.
- The institution is close to your job's location(s)
- The location(s) selected is listed with the range of 250 miles. Edit the job post to change the location.