Use this resource if an institution is not able to be selected when creating an on-campus interview request!
The dropdown menu may not display all institutions you're approved at, so we recommend typing in the name of the institution to locate it. If there are no results when performing a keyword search, then follow the steps below:
1. Determine if the Favourites Filter is on or off.
When applied, only institutions in your Favourites List will be able to be selected for On-Campus Interviews, so if the institution isn't in your Favourites List, it will not be displayed.
The Favourites Filter is located in the upper-right corner of the screen, to the left of Help. If it is "On", the text will read Favourites filter applied.
To troubleshoot, click on the text, then uncheck the box to turn the filter off. This will allow all approved institutions to be selected.
For more information on this filter, check out Using the Favourites Filter.
2. Double-check you're approved at the institution.
If the institution still cannot be selected with the Favourites Filter off, confirm if you are currently approved at the institution.
In the upper-middle of your screen, below the browser web address bar, is a blue "global search" bar. Type in the name of the institution, then click on the result that appears.
The institution page will load - in the Institutions Approvals box, there should be a green oval that reads "Approved".
- If your status reads "Approved", move on to step 3.
- If the status is anything other than "Approved", you will not be able to engage with the institution until you've been approved.
- You can request to connect or if your request is Pending, In Progress, or Declined, follow up with the institution for additional information pertaining to your request.
- Here are some additional resources that may be helpful in the meantime:
You can also double-check approval status via Institutions > Your Employer's Institutions - all approved institutions will be listed on this page!
3. Confirm the institution has granted your company permission to Post Interview Schedules.
If you are approved with the institution, to the right of the approval status is Permissions. This section displays the permissions your company has been granted. Post Interview Schedules should be in green, bold text with a checkmark icon to the left of "Post".
If it is not, you'll need to request a permission update from the institution directly. Leave a comment on the institution page, or use the contact information on the left of the page.
You can also double-check approval status via Institutions > Your Employer's Institutions + check the filter Post Interview Schedules - all institutions that have granted this permission will be listed on this page!
4. Contact the institution's Career Centre to confirm they are both using the interview feature in Handshake and have configured related settings.
If you've followed steps 1-3 and are still unable to select the institution, it's possible the Career Centre may need to either configure related settings (such as marking a career centre as available for interviews) or update their Interview Season dates (if in use, the dates when employers can request schedules).
We recommend contacting the institution directly for clarification and next steps!