Handshake notifications are completely customisable to your preference! You have the option to choose how you'd like to be notified about various activities across the system.
For a full list of notifications, and which are enabled by default, refer to Default Notification Preferences.
- Receiving Notifications
- Accessing your Notifications in Handshake
- Updating Your Notification Preferences
There are two ways you can receive notifications from Handshake:
- Note: email notifications will be sent directly to the email address associated with your account.
You can choose to be notified by one, both, or neither of these options.
Accessing your Notification in Handshake
If you've chosen to receive notifications in-app, you'll receive a notification badge above the globe icon in Handshake, located in the upper-right corner of your screen, to the left of your name.
All Unread notifications are listed on the notifications overview page by default.
To view notifications from a specific Category, click the on the Category from the menu on the left of the page:
- Two-Way Calendars
- Career fair Registrations
Updating Your Notification Preferences
1. Click your name in the upper right corner of the screen, then click User Settings from the dropdown menu.
2. Click Notification Preferences from the menu on the left side of the page.
3. Choose what and how you want to be notified for the various activities listed on the page.
- To add a notification, click the blank space, located to the right of the activity you want to receive and below the notification preference of your choice (Notification or Email). This will add a checkmark.
To remove a notification, click the checkmark, located to the right of the activity and below the notification preference you no longer want to receive. This will remove the checkmark.
Article is closed for comments.