For Career Services…
FDS Knowledge Responses
When entering a first destination survey knowledge response, you’re no longer required to enter a student’s personal email to submit the form. If you leave the personal email field blank, we’ll enter the student’s school email as a placeholder.
- Read about submitting knowledge responses here
- Update: This feature has officially launched as of 5/27/21
Virtual Fair Session Details Download
When you download virtual fair session information from the Session Details page, we now include the first and last names of session hosts. This information is helpful if you want to send personalized outreach to session hosts before or after the fair.
Send Test Report via SFTP
When scheduling a report to be sent via SFTP, you’ll now see the option to send a test report—this option was already available when scheduling a report to be sent via email.
Faster Virtual Fair Session Signups
We’re running an experiment that will allow a subset of students to view and sign up for virtual fair sessions without having to register for the fair first. If they sign up for a session, they’ll be auto-registered for the fair overall (and prompted to complete the pre-fair survey, if you have one). We’ll also promote relevant 1:1 sessions to these students on the homepage.
- This update will help maximize student attendance at relevant sessions by streamlining the sign up process.
Surfacing Relationships in Job Search
Students will begin to see employer ambassadors featured in select job postings on our iOS app—students will be encouraged to connect with the ambassador if they have any questions about the role. This update allows students to start building relationships with employers before they even apply. We’ll expand this update to our web experience and Android app soon.
- In the future, we’ll surface even more opportunities to foster relevant relationships—like 1:1 virtual fair sessions—within job postings too!
Updated Employer User Profiles
To compliment the update to surface relationships in job search, we’re refreshing the employer user profile pages. The updated design highlights the option for students to message the employer and features suggestions on what the student might ask them.
- The updated profile has started rolling out on iOS (web and Android coming soon)
Job Editing Opt Out
To help a small handful of employers with strict security standards around job postings, we are introducing the option for employers to turn off career services job editing permissions. If an employer opts out, only users associated with their company account can create, edit, and clone jobs.
- Regardless of whether an employer has opted out, schools will always be able to edit label and college requirements, apply and expiration dates, and the “interested in interviewing” checkbox.
- The opt out toggle is now available for a small subset of employers—it will become more widely available next month. We’ve added a new “Disabled CS Job Editing” field to our Analytics portal that you can use to identify employers that have opted out.
Interested in learning about virtual fair updates coming ahead of back to school? Check out our virtual fair release notes for more details. We’ll share more details on these updates in the coming weeks!
For Career Services...
Alumni Hub Beta
We’re developing a new feature that will help you build, track, and nurture relationships with your most important alumni contacts. Centralizing key data about employer users who attended your institution, Alumni Hub acts as a jumping-off point for engaging your alumni-turned-employer partners and unlocking unique opportunities for your students.
- We’ll launch Alumni Hub in beta in the coming weeks—if you expressed interest in participating, we’ll let you know if you’ve been selected soon!
Scheduled Reports to S3
Later this spring, you’ll be able to send scheduled reports (and dashboards) to S3 endpoints. This will expand your team’s options for sharing Handshake data with external platforms.
In the coming weeks, we’ll update the student interface to make it easier to navigate and call students' attention to important actions they can take to enhance their job search experience. Check out a mockup (subject to change) of the new student homepage below.
- We plan to use the top section of the homepage to feature a variety of tasks related to updating profile information and connecting with employers.
Job Page Refresh
We’re updating the job page for employers to make it more actionable and easier to navigate. Updated tabs for job details, target schools, student matches, and applicants will encourage employers to connect with a wider pool of students.
Please sign in to leave a comment.