For Career Services...
Admin Permissions: We just released a new level of granularity to the Manage Students role. For those who have the Manage Students role, you can now designate the following...
- Sensitive Student Data Privileges: In order to see sensitive data and edit sensitive fields, this role will need to be selected. Disabling this role will remove all sensitive data from view. This restricts the ability to edit student’s personal information and view any filters/fields that include GPA, Work Authorization, personal information (such as email address, username, card id), Visa status, Veteran status, and Calendar.
- View Student Labels: In order to manage and view student labels, this role will need to be selected. Without this role enabled, users will not have access to view/add student labels or see student label filters in searches.
- Read more about admin permissions here!
- Please note that anyone who had the Manage Students role previously now has both of the new permissions by default. Because they were previously lumped in with the Manage Students role, we didn't want to reduce anyone's access during the rollout.
Back to School Marketing Toolkit: The toolkit has launched - check it out here!
- Since last week, we've added social media assets, as well as visuals you can used on CCTVs!
Fall Activation + Engagement Campaigns: Building on the success of our Summer Activation Campaigns, we're running a series of Activation + Engagement email campaigns this fall aimed at getting more students to log into Handshake.
- Learn about the first campaign we'll be sending - a "Welcome Back" email, which you can schedule to be sent during the week of your choice - here!
- Learn about the campaigns more broadly here!
- Schools that participated in the summer campaigns have been opted into continuing with these fall campaigns. You can edit your participation preferences at any time - check out the articles above for details!
Student & Employer Activity Snapshots: We've released updates to bring even more relevant data to the student and employer activity snapshots!
- Student snapshots will feature job seeking status, room only check ins, Reviews, FDS responses, and Experiences
- Employer snapshots will feature FDS responses, Reviews, Experiences
- Count of messages sent per employer is coming soon!
Employer Attachments Specific to Universities: We've just released an update that will allow your team to upload an attachment to an employer page that is ONLY visible to students at your school. Any attachments your team previously uploaded to an employer page are also now only visible to your students.
Email Templates: We've just released two new email templates into Targeted Emails! The templates are prebuilt "Welcome back to school" emails that you can send to your students - one template has language that targets students who have logged into Handshake, and the other targets students who haven't. If your team is looking for marketing collateral you can use to promote Handshake, we highly recommend checking these templates out!
- Read more about creating a Targeted Email here!
- We'll be adding more email templates over the course of the fall - stay tuned for updates!
Peer Profile Relevance: Our team is working on ways to ensure that students who have opted into being visible across the Handshake community are able to more easily find relevant peers to message with.
- We released a recent update that adds relevant peers to job role pages. This means that a student looking at the page could see messageable peers who worked in a position that matches the job role description!
- We're running some small experiments on the student search page to see if we can better rank results. This means that students searching for peers would see more relevant people to reach out to!
Mobile Check-in for Events: Premium employers have access to a feature called Event Check-In that allows them to better track which students have interacted with them at an event or career fair. We just released an update to our mobile app that allows students to check into an event with a premium employer by scanning a QR code!
- You can read more about our premium employer offering here.
For Career Services...
Cover Page for Resume Packets: This update will add a cover page listing all of the students included in the packet.
Admin Permissions: In addition to the updates mentioned above, our team is working on an update that will bring additional granularity to existing permissions. We're planning updates that let you differentiate between view vs edit access for specific Handshake features. We'll also be rolling out an updated user interface that includes prebuilt permissions recommendations based on a users position in your office. Stay tuned for more details!
Job Digest Experiments: Our team continues to see high engagement and very low unsubscribe rates for our job digest emails. These emails, which you can read about here, aim to help students see more relevant opportunities in Handshake - our research has shown that if a student sees five or more relevant opportunities on Handshake, they are 2.5x more likely to submit an application. We're running small scale experiments to feature different types of job content (e.g. on-campus jobs for students who said they were interested in those opportunities or jobs that match the criteria of a search you previously ran) to see how else we might deliver valuable opportunities to students and drive more applications. We'll continue to adhere to the emailing timelines laid out in the help center article to ensure we don't oversaturate students. We'll share learnings from these experiments as they're available!
Profile Completion Tracking: We're doing research into how we can better express the value of a complete profile to students. As students share more about their background and interests with Handshake, we're able to serve them better job recommendations and (for those who are public to employers) helps them become more visible to recruiters. The goal is to be able to share even more specific metrics around the increase in value a student gets from filling out parts of their profile. We'll report back on findings!
Public Q&A and Reviews Pages: Our team is is planning to make Q&A and Reviews content visible online (without needing a Handshake login to view it) by September. While information about the student who posted the original content will be masked outside of Handshake, we're also sending a heads up email to any student who previously submitted Q&A and Reviews content, giving them the option to opt out of making it visible outside Handshake altogether. This update aims to give more more people access to the insights that have previously only been shared within Handshake - we hope this will help organically drive more students to log in!
- Read details here!
Post is closed for comments.