For Career Services...
Following our workshops on Insights & FDS and Events & Fairs, we'll be hosting one more virtual product workshop in December - we're using these sessions to collect feedback on specific areas of the product we're planning to update and discuss some of our early plans as well. We highly encourage anyone interested to attend!
- Check out the recording of our Insights & FDS Product Workshop here!
- Check out the recording of our Events & Fairs Product Workshop here!
- We'll be sharing a more detailed follow up on key themes from the session soon!
- Register for our upcoming Appointments Product Workshop on December 10th from 9-11am PT here!
Upcoming Best Practices Webinars
Our final two best practices webinars are scheduled over the next few weeks! Join us as our fabulous university partners talk about innovative ways they're integrating Handshake into their office's operations...
- Advanced Analytics with University of Virginia
- Nov 20 at 10am PT - Register Here
Student Ambassador Best Practices with University of San Diego
- Dec 4 at 10am PT - Register Here
Targeted Email Search
We recently rolled out an update that brings search functionality to Targeted Emails - you can now keyword search emails based on their internal name, subject line, and creator's name.
- Coming Soon: we'll be adding the search bar to the Previous Emails page, which allows you to select an old email to clone.
For Career Services...
To cap off our work on permissions, we're putting the finishing touches on a new design for the user permissions page! This update will include the addition of recommended permission groups - sets of permissions we recommend for folks with a variety of different roles (including faculty and campus partners).
- Read more about recent admin permission updates, which focused on bringing more granularity to existing permissions, here!
- We'll also be releasing an update that allows your team to designate your organizational role within your office - this will help our team maintain a better picture of the structure of your office!
Student & Employer Activity Snapshots
We recently released updates to bring even more relevant data to the student and employer activity snapshots!
- Student snapshots now feature room only check ins, Reviews, FDS responses, and Experiences
- Student job seeking status had previously been announced as launched - this is still coming soon. Apologies for the miscommunication!
- Employer snapshots now feature FDS responses, Reviews, Experiences
- The count of messages sent per employer is coming soon! Thanks to everyone who requested this update! This will give your team more visibility into which employers are reaching out to your students proactively.
Bulk Complete Appointments
We're building an update that will allow you to select multiple appointments and move them to "complete" status all at once. Our goal here is to help your team streamline appointment management for more accurate reporting!
A huge win for your most popular events and career fairs - we’re building out functionality that will allow your team to manage a waitlist of students once you’ve hit capacity. If space opens, you'll be able to move waitlisted students into the event. You can see an early mock up of this functionality below - stay tuned for more details!
Email Campaigns to Opted-In Contacts
We're building an update for premium employers that will allow students with a private Handshake account to provide contact information to employers and opt into follow up emails. Typically, employers at an event would collect emails from interested students via pencil and paper, a spreadsheet, or another third party platform. This update ensures that they can manage all event follow ups through Handshake. The student is in complete control of whether they want to share their information with the employer, and whether they want to participate in follow-up campaigns. This update only applies to students with a private Handshake account, since they cannot be messaged by employers through Handshake - it allows them to grant individual employers the ability to connect with them.
Mobile SSO Login
Our team is beginning work on single sign on (SSO) login for our mobile app! This will allow students to log into the app using their standard school SSO credentials, greatly simplifying the process of login on mobile!
Login and Onboarding
Our team is beginning to do research on how we can make updates to the new user experience - how can we simplify the student login process so it's easier to access Handshake and improve the onboarding process so that we can better serve new student users, depending on where they're at in their job search. The goal of our onboarding work in particular is to provide a more personalized experience for students, depending on what they're hoping to get out of Handshake - to better highlight the most relevant features and opportunities Handshake has. We'll continue to report back as plans for updates take shape!
The next branding update we'll be making is to the font used in Handshake. This will not make any dramatic changes to the user interface, but you can expect to see pages get updated over the coming weeks.
Post is closed for comments.