The Career Services/Employer Perspective
Pre-launch: Do you want to upload work study eligibility? You can work with your IT department to include Work-Study Eligible (Y/N) as a column on your student file!
- Divisions Model - Different divisions share one company account. Divisional users can see and edit jobs across the entire institution. This does mean it will allow other divisional users access to all of your ‘company’ jobs. We solve for this by recommending you set up Saved Searches.
- Company Model - Each division is set up as their own company within Handshake. To do this, you will have to notify our Support Team or your Account Manager so that they can open up your email domain to be used by more than one employer. Then, you’ll follow the steps in #1 to create a company for each department. Alternatively, you can outsource this to all departments, giving them a standard naming structure so they create their own company within Handshake, and ask to connect with your University.
- Both models will allow you as a Career Center control over all jobs posted and reporting is available for both models through Analytics.
Hi XXXX, The UNIVERSITY has moved its on campus employment posting and hiring process into Handshake. Please read this entire email for instructions on how to move your department's open jobs into Handshake.
- You will be receiving an email to activate your account.
- Make sure you activate it so you can take a look at your new employer profile. Here are some excellent trainings you can go through to get acquainted with the system: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/categories/202707307-Employer
- Step Three, log on and start posting jobs! https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693198-How-do-I-post-a-job-
- When posting a job, you’ll be able to check a box called “Work Study Eligible?” if that applies.
- Make sure you’re posting your job to just your division!
- You can set saved searches in the Jobs and Applicants view to just show your division, so you aren’t seeing other’s applicants. https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219049298-How-to-Save-a-Job-Search-for-your-Division
You can contact Handshake Support here or XXX if you have any questions!
The Student Perspective
- How to search for on campus jobs.
- Otherwise, the application process is the same!
Employer Help Center: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/categories/202707307-Employer
Employer Webinars: http://teachme.joinhandshake.com/
- Is there a way to limit other division's employer profiles from having the ability to edit and view applications to other job postings?
- The best way to do this is to follow the company model (see above).
- Even if in a different division, employers can see/edit all jobs that their company posts. We can use saved searches to mitigate this issue: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219049298-How-to-Save-a-Job-Search-for-your-Division
- Yes, you can work with your IT/SIS team to create a student file that contains this information and upload it to Handshake.
- Work_Study_Eligible (Y/N) will need to be a column on your student file!
- The student will need to withdraw their applications manually. More information can be found here. Career services users can also withdraw applications on a student’s behalf. https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/228725227-How-do-I-withdraw-my-job-or-interview-application-
- The best way to do this is to leave the job posting as pending (don’t approve it as a Career Services user). Then, take the unique link and send it to your student testers directly.
- Also, be sure to include TEST DO NOT APPLY in the title/description.