What are the first steps to get your TouchNet account setup in Handshake?
- Contact your TouchNet administrator/account manager to start the integration process!
- You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't know who your contact is
- TouchNet can provide you with the following information that you will enter in Handshake:
- uPay URL
- Site ID
TouchNet Project Plan
- TouchNet requires each school to sign an addendum
- Fees vary based on other projects that they have
- Submit a request to legal team - send out addendum for signature
- Timeline varies widely school to school
- TouchNet reaches out to school
- Contacts for project internally
- Contact at Handshake for project
- Timeline for project
- Kick off call is usually 30 mins
- Kick off call
- Action items for integration
- URLs and items we know will apply
- Upay site ID which Handshake needs for integration
- School testing
- Move to production
- Status calls vary depending on integration
How to set this up in Handshake
- Owner of the school visits the School Settings
- To find out who the owner of your school is you can contact the Handshake administrator on your campus
- Click Payment Preferences
- Click Touchnet
- Enter details provided by TouchNet on the tracking guide
How to test your TouchNet setup in Handshake
- Create a career fair or open an existing one
- Create a registration for your on-campus employment account
- Select Credit Card as the payment preference
- Test a payment
- Verify that the payment status is updated correctly in Handshake
What does this look like for users paying in Handshake?
- Visit the event, career fair or interview schedule that you are interested in paying for
- Click Pay Now
- The user will be redirected to your TouchNet site
- Once the user submits the payment they will be redirected back to Handshake where you will see the payment status updated to Paid
- Is Handshake a TouchNet Ready partner?
- Yes! Handshake is a TouchNet Ready partner and we can provide documentation upon request.
- Is the application hosted on your servers or hosted on campus?
- Primary IP: 126.96.36.199
- Secondary IP: 188.8.131.52
- The Handshake application is hosted on Amazon cloud servers.
- Does the application pass the: Success/Cancel/Error URLs or do they need to configure this in UPay application on the TouchNet side?
- Yes, the Handshake application passes these three URLs.