Handshake now allows you to create custom Experiences templates for your school, allowing you to customize the surveys, attachments, and number of approvers on each Experience template. To create a new Experience template:
- Navigate to the Experience Preferences section in the school settings
- Click Add Template
- Enter a name for the experience
- This name will be visible to students if you select Publish when they select the type of experience
- Check Publish if this should be visible to students
- Add all necessary attachments to this experience type
- Attachments will be visible to career services staff, approvers and students
How do I add approvers to an Experience Template?
- The first thing you should decide for approvers is if the student will be entering the approver details or if it is the same for every experience of this type
- If the student will be entering the details for this approver you can check Student Entry and then include the name of the approver
- If this approver is the same for every experience of this type you can select the approver from your contact list
- You can always create a new contact in the contacts section on the left navigation bar
- Select the deadline for this approver
- The approval deadline offset will be set once you begin the approval process and the approver will have the number of days you indicate to approve or decline the experience
- You can resend the link to approve the experience after this date
How do I know if my Experience Template saved?
- You will see the experience template listed in the Templates section.