When it comes to approving employees who ask to be approved at your company, there re two options. You can either manually approve each request as they come in, or you can set Handshake to automatically approve all requests that come from an email address with your domain.
**Please note that auto-approval of staff only works if your company is the only account using your email domain. Companies with multiple accounts using the same domain cannot use auto-approval of staff.
To manually approve staff members...
- Log into Handshake and click on the User Requests icon at the top of your screen.
- You'll immediately see your list of pending staff accounts. You can toggle to lists of successful, rejected, failed, and all account requests.
- Click on the three black bars at the end of the row of the staff member you'd like to approve. A dropdown will populate where you can view the user, view their request, quickly decline their request, or quickly ignore their request.
- To approve, click View Request.
- A popup will appear with quick details about the request. If the user's profile does not have an email address with a domain that matches with your company's, please proceed with extreme caution (see the warning below).
- If the user is a legitimate employee, click Approve. The user will be notified that they've been approved to join your company.
If you reject someone who later needs to be approved, you cannot undo your rejection from this screen. Instead, navigate to the Staff Management tab of your Company Settings page and type the user's email address into the "Add existing user by email..." box. This will override the rejection and add the user to your company.