Handshake's Support Team is available to assist with a variety of questions, including how to use features or troubleshooting unexpected behaviors.
Student submitted tickets are generally addressed based on order of submission, working from oldest to newest.
Ticket Urgency and Classification
To ensure we’re able to best serve our customers, the Handshake Support team uses the framework below to ensure we prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Critical issue affecting all users.
- Handshake platform is not accessible or there are data integrity issues with no workaround available.
- Examples: no career services staff, students, or employers can access Handshake.
- Handshake issue or bug is persistent affecting major functionality and some, but not all users.
- Major Handshake functionality is impacted or there are significant reliability issues.
- No reasonable workaround available.
- Examples: many students can’t sign up for interviews.
- Handshake issue or bug affecting a small amount of users.
- Short-term workaround is available, but cannot be scaled.
- Inquiry regarding a routine technical issue or Handshake features, use, or configuration
- Examples: how to update profile, troubleshooting document uploads.
Support Interaction Policy
Handshake strives to provide the safest environment for our users and employees while engaging in any conversation on our platform or vendor tools we use to service our customers. We require consensuality when interacting with our team members meaning that conversations must remain professionally relevant and contribute to our community in a constructive manner. We require that every user be civil and respectful as they interact with our team. If any of our employees wish to terminate the consensual conversation due to abusive behavior, they may do without penalty or fear of retribution.
Handshake does not tolerate abuse of its employees: We do not allow profanity, bullying, harassment, unwanted advances, threats, violence, intimidation, prejudice, retaliation, discriminating, dehumanizing, or hateful language/action against individuals working for, or on behalf of, Handshake.