If you do not have the option to message students in Handshake from Search Students or student profiles, it is likely due to your Trust Score. Employers must have a Trust Score of 80 or higher in order to proactively message students in Handshake.
- Note: New or existing employers with a Trust Score of N/A or lower than 80 will not have the ability to directly message students in-app. This is to ensure that students are contacted by trusted employers via Handshake.
You can locate your company's Trust Score by clicking on Company Profile in the left navigation bar. The Trust Score will be located towards the lower right side of your company's page.
- You can learn more about increasing your Trust Score on Handshake in How Can I Increase My Trust Score?
- You can message applicants on your postings regardless of your Trust Score––for steps, refer to Messaging Applicants.
- If you're encountering a message that says "Message limit reached", refer to Why does Handshake say "message limit reached"?
- Read more on how to message students in How to Send a Student a Message.