What is the Student Activity Snapshot?
The Student Activity Snapshot is located on your homepage and is a great way to drive student engagement on campus. It makes it easier to track web logins, profile completion and mobile logins. The explanation of each field within the snapshot along with the filters you can use to identify the students within each group.
To navigate to the snapshot:
1. Select the Home option in the left navigation bar.
2. You will then see the snapshot at the top of the news feed:
What is the Student Activity Insights dashboard?
The Student Activity dashboard in Insights can help you take a closer look at the factors that affect the numbers you're seeing in the home page dashboard.
To navigate to the dashboard:
1. Select the Analytics option in the left navigation bar
2. Select the Student Activity dashboard:
Here, you will see 3 key features to help you explore this data:
1. You have the option to filter on School Year, Major, and College in order to narrow down your results to identify key groups of students:
2. There is also help texts for each dashboard component to help you understand the data:
3. Additionally, the dashboard includes cohort profile completion: cohorts are calculated by the total number of students (excluding alumni) at your institution.
What do these numbers mean?
Below is a description and breakdown of the Student Activity Snapshot. Please note that these numbers exclude alumni.
Web Logins - Unique students who have logged into Handshake on the web.
- % of Activated Students
- This percentage is calculated by the unique count of students that have logged into Handshake divided by the total count of students at your school in Handshake.
- Count of Activated Students
- Count of unique students that have logged into Handshake.
- Count of Activations in the Last 30 Days
- Count of unique students that have logged into Handshake in the last 30 days.
- Count of Activations in the Last 7 Days
Mobile Logins - Unique students who have logged into the Handshake mobile app.
- Count of Mobile Logins
- Count of students that have downloaded and logged into the mobile app.
- % of Mobile Logins
- This percentage is calculated by the count of students that have downloaded and logged into the mobile app divided by the total count of students in Handshake.
Profile Completion -Percent of students that have opted to make their profile public to other students.
- Profile Completion %
- Help text: Profile completion is calculated by at least one work experience, organization and skill. This percentage is calculated based on the count of students with complete profiles divided by the count of activated students at your school.
- Cohort Size Avg. Profile Completion %
- Help text: Average profile completion percentage of your school's size cohort. Use this data to measure the success of your school's profile completion percentage. This average does not reflect the filters added at the top of this dashboard.
- % Public Profiles to Employers
- This percentage is calculated by the count of students with profiles that are public to employers divided by the count of activated students at your school.
- % Campus Profiles
- This percentage is calculated by the count of students with profiles that are public to other students divided by the count of activated students at your school.
- Count of unique students that have logged into Handshake in the last 7 days.
What do I do with this data?
With the Student Activity Snapshot, you can help your students explore more relevant opportunities by encouraging them to complete their profiles in appointments and around campus.
For example, you can use this information to dive into the data and monitor for trends, and answer questions like:
- Are there certain types of students that don’t have complete profiles?
- Which majors have the highest profile completion?
- Which school years have the highest profile completion?
How do I identify activity data on specific students or groups?
There are a few new filtering options on the Manage Students page that you can use to identify students to target for engagement strategies.
Navigate to the Manage Students tab in the left-hand menu:
Navigate to the filters on the top of the page:
From here, there are a few new options:
- Use the Profile Completion filter to search for either “Complete” or “Incomplete” Profiles:
- Use the Other filter to search based on “Has Mobile Login”
How do I actively engage students I've identified?
- Once you’ve identified students that you’d like to contact, you can choose the Select All checkbox to populate the Bulk Action items:
- Use the “Send Email to Users” option to create a Mass Email: