New users of Handshake are strongly encouraged to complete a training regimen to get up to speed on Handshake features. The training consists of a series of video modules that cover various aspects of the Career Services product. Training is hosted at joinhandshake.talentlms.com.
You have two options for accessing training for the first time...
1. Via your Handshake Account: If you've already been provisioned with a Handshake account, you can automatically access your training regimen. After logging into Handshake, follow these steps...
- Click on the Help dropdown menu in the top right corner of your screen and select Training.
- This will take you directly to the TalentLMS website and automatically provision you with a training account with the email address and password you use to access Handshake. In the future, you can access the training via that same Training option in the Help dropdown, or by signing in at joinhandshake.talentlms.com.
2. Via the TalentLMS website
- If you don't yet have a Handshake account, you can still get started with your training. Just go to joinhandshake.talentlms.com and click on the Signup link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter credentials for your new account.
- You'll be sent a confirmation email. Click on the link in that email and you'll be redirected to the training website.
If it's your first time accessing training, you'll need to add yourself to the various training modules Handshake offers. To do this...
- Upon logging in, click on the "Get your first course" button on the screen.
- On the following page, click the "Get this course" button for every course listed. Don't forget to expand the list so that you catch all of the modules!
- Once you've added your courses, you can start by clicking the Handshake Orientation course title. You can also view all of your courses by clicking on your name in the black toolbar and selecting "My Courses".
If you were to watch the training videos back to back, the content would take about 6 hours to complete. While we generally recommend watching all of the video modules, you can see lists of suggested modules for different career services roles here.