With Handshake, you will not be able to post a job to a school until they have approved your connection and grant your Company Profile the Post Jobs Permission. If you do not have this Permission at this school, they will not appear as an option to add to your job posting. Follow the steps listed below to ensure you have this Permission from this school.
- You will also want to make sure this school is on your Favorite School's List. If it isn't on your Favorite's List, first follow the steps in School Network Management.
- You can check to see if a school is on your Favorites list by clicking on Schools in the left hand navigation bar.
- If you need to check to see if the School has given you the Post Jobs Permission, search for the school on this page. Once located, click directly on the name of the school.
- This will take you directly to this School's profile page on Handshake. From here you'll be able to clearly see what your status is with that School and which Permissions they have given you.
- If you notice that you do not have the permission to Post Jobs with that school, kindly reach out directly to the Career Services Center at that University. This is because each school is independently responsible for approving, declining, and giving permissions to their employers and every school has different deciding factors when selecting which employers to connect with. Only the school can provide these permissions.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- It typically takes 1-5 business days for a school to approve an employer. If you do not receive a response within that time frame, we recommend contacting the Career Services department at the school. You can find the contact information for a school's Career Services by selecting Schools in the left hand menu, and then clicking on the name of the school you wish to reach.
- Once schools have approved you and given you the permission to post jobs, you can post your saved positions by following the steps here: How do I post a 'not posted' job to a school?
- You can find a school's contact information by clicking on the name of the school, and scrolling down on their Handshake page until you see Contact Information towards the left side of the page.
- While you're waiting to get approved at a school, you can still create and save your job postings to post later once you're approved. Once the school has given you the role to post jobs, you can post your saved job by following the steps here: How do I post a "not posted" job to a school?