Once a job posting has been successfully created, you may want to share this posting through social media. Postings may be shared via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email.
For the shared postings to be viewed and applied to, users will need to be signed in with an active Handshake student account and be connected to a school the posting is approved with.
To share a posting via social media, follow the steps below:
Tip: we recommend signing into your social media account first.
1. Click Jobs on the left navigation bar.
2. Click directly on the name of the job you'd like to share.
3. Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the jobs overview page.
4. Click the Preview tab, located in the lower-middle of the page, to the right of Schools.
5. Within the preview page, copy the URL in the address bar.
6. Open your social media account in a separate tab or window and start a post to share. Then, paste the URL that was provided on the Jobs Preview page into your post.
Important: you'll need to manually edit the URL before posting on social media — this edit will make the link public and viewable to students.
To edit, you'll need to remove the /emp/ section (listed before /jobs/), and then add /share_preview to the end of the URL.
Example of the URL from the Jobs Preview page:
Example of how the URL should be displayed in your social media post:
7. Finish your social media post, and then share your job!
Once you return back to Handshake, if any changes were made to the job, click Save. Otherwise, click Cancel to exit the page.