Creating an employer account, associated with your career service admin account, provides you with two key benefits:
- It will allow you to view and use Handshake as an employer so that you’re better able to provide support to your employer partners.
- It will allow you to engage in on-campus recruiting so that you and others on campus can hire students at your school.
Once you have your employer account, we encourage you to invite all staff members associated with your school, inside and outside career services, to join the employer account so they too can enjoy the benefits. (To do this you can send an email to faculty or use the Invite link in the staff management page).
First, find out whether or not you already have an employer account. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Handshake platform screen. If you don’t see Switch to Employers Account as an option in the Account Settings dropdown, you will need to either create your school’s employer account or simply join the employer account that has already been created for your use.
To learn more about how to join your school’s existing employer account, read How do I join an employer account associated with my school's account?
Check out How do I create a user account and How do I create an employer account to learn more about the process of creating an employer account.
To create an employer account associated with your admin account:
- First, you will need to logout of your career services account. Click your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select Sign Out. This will bring you to the Handshake page where you can create your school employer account.
- Click Sign up for an account
- Click the Employer button which will bring up the employer registration form.
- Fill in the information requested. Be sure to use the same email address that you use for your career services account. You can either use your same password or choose a new password. (Handshake recommends keeping your passwords the same to make switching between your admin and employer accounts easier).
- Check the box agreeing to the Terms of Service.
- Click the Submit button to continue.
- A window will appear asking if you are a Third Party Recruiter, click the No, I am not button, which means that you work for the the employer you are creating the account for.
- Click the Finish button.
- A confirmation page will appear. Anticipate a short wait, approximately 5-10 minutes, before you receive a confirmation email with a link enabling you to confirm your Handshake account.
- When you receive your confirmation email, Click the link provided.
Note : If you don't receive a confirmation email, click here.
- You will be brought to a page which will allow you to connect with schools, Click the Connect with Schools button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the name of your school.
- When you find your school, click the Request to Connect button. (This will allow you to search for and contact students at your school and to post jobs at your school).
- Click the Continue or Find your Company button located at the bottom of the screen. This will bring you to a information page on ‘stuff you need to know’.
- Click the Got it button. You now have the opportunity to find your school’s existing company profile or create a new company profile for your school.
- Click the Create Company Profile button located at the bottom of the screen.
Note: We recommend you use the name of your school when creating the company name for your employer account.
- When you finish creating the employer account for your school, you can add staff members to the account or send an invitation link to staff members.