Pinning items will display them in the "Suggested by your career center" section in the student view. You can pin events, career fairs, jobs, employers, interviews and articles.
The amount of time a pinned item is visible depends on what is pinned:
- Items that have an associated date (such as a career fair, event, job, etc.) will remain pinned until the item has expired, such as the day after the activity has ended or the apply end date.
- Resources (articles) will remain pinned until the pin is manually deactivated.
Create a new pin
1. On the item you want to pin, locate the Actions section of the page, and click Pin Item.
2. Next, you will set the status of the Pin.
- Active: The item will display in the "Suggested by your Career Center" section of the home page for students.
- Inactive: The item will not be displayed on the student homepage, and you will be able to manage the pin in the school settings and activate it when you are ready.
3. Click Create Pin, and set qualifications for the Pin (as desired), then click Update Qualification.
- You can target Pins to certain subsets of students at your institution based on the filters on the Pin qualifications page.
- The Student Drilldown displays how many students will be able to view this Pin.
Reminder to fair co-hosts: if you decide to pin a shared fair (that your school has been invited to), the pin will only be displayed to your school's students!
Review your pinned items
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the page, then click on School Settings from the dropdown menu.
2. Click Pins from the menu on the left of the page.
3. From the list of pins display, click the three hashmarks to the far-right in the pinned item row to access a menu: View Pinned Item, Edit Qualifications and Activate / Deactivate.
We recommend that you do not exceed eight pins for each group of students that you are pinning items to. This is so students can view all of the pins on the homepage.
Students can view up to 5 pinned items at a time. They appear in the "Suggested by your career center" section on the student homepage: