Appointment Categories are the first level of organization students encounter when they request an appointment and are customizable for your institution.
Note: appointment categories are not included in appointment reporting via Analytics.
Click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, click School Settings, then click Appointment Categories from the menu on the left of the page.
Add a category
To add a new category, click the blue button Add Appointment Category in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Name: Should describe the appointment category in the most general sense. We see many schools using school year or area of study as appointment categories.
- Description: A more detailed description of who this appointment is for.
- Appointment Types: Appointment types that will be listed within this category, if you have not created the appointment types for this category yet you can leave this blank and add them at a different time.
- If the desired type isn't listed, click the link below the text field "Create a new type".
Click Create Appointment Category in the lower-right corner to save the new category.
Manage an existing category
If you'd like to make changes to an existing category, click Edit to the far right of the category name.
On the page that loads, you can:
- update the Name, Description, and selected Appointment Types
- If you make changes, click the green button Update Appointment Category in the lower-right corner to save the changes.
- Delete the category (click the red button Delete in the lower-left corner)
- Archive the category (click the gray button Archive in the lower-left corner)
Article is closed for comments.