If your school is not yet using Handshake, you can register for an account manually, but you will have very limited access to Handshake’s content and features. You will have greater access if you are a student or alumni of a school using Handshake.
To register for a Handshake account:
- To get started on Handshake go to yourschool.joinhandshake.com - this is very important so you get connected to the correct school
- If your school is not currently using Handshake you can visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click Sign Up for An Account at the bottom of the page
- Click the Student / Alumni button.
- Fill in your personal information and create a password.
- You may see additional details or information required by your specific university. Make sure to follow these steps also.
- Tip: When asked to enter your email please use your .edu email address if you have one.
- Next, you should see a screen asking you to confirm your registration.
- To confirm your registration, click on the link that you received in your email.
- Tip: If you don’t find your confirmation email, please check your spam folder. To prevent future e-mails from being sent into your spam folder add email@example.com to your contacts.
- If you still have difficulty please contact us here.
Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you are registered as a student and may now log in to complete your Handshake profile! If you only see Fairs and your profile on the left hand navigation bar you will need to reach out to your career center to be linked to your school. Learn more about getting connected to your school here.