With thousands of employers posting jobs on the platform, Handshake is a powerful tool for your internship and job search needs! Taking time to understand Handshake's search functionality will help you identify the best jobs for you. This article provides strategies and tips to help strengthen your search skills.
Click Jobs in the upper-left corner of the Handshake screen — this will load the Jobs default page.
On the left of the page are jobs approved at your school — use the following methods to identify the most relevant jobs and narrow down your search:
- Search bar: search for jobs based on keywords, job titles, job ids, or by employer.
- Looking for remote opportunities? Use the keyword search! Learn more in Tips for Locating Remote Jobs in Handshake.
- Location: find jobs in a particular city, state, or zip code.
- Note: the location filter defaults to a 50 mile radius. Use the slider to move the dot across the line to change the radius, left to decrease and right to increase the mileage.
- On-site/remote: filter on jobs that are in-person or work from home.
- Full-time job: browse available full-time positions.
- Internship: browse internships.
- Part-time: browse available part-time positions.
- On-campus: search for an on-campus position at your school.
- For more information, check out Search for On-Campus Positions in Handshake.
Results using the above search filters are displayed immediately on the left side of page.
- All Filters: access even more search filters to narrow your search!
- Job types
- + More
- Experiential Learning
- Graduate School
- Work Study
- Interviewing on campus
- Paid (displays jobs marked as "paid" by the employer)
- Includes estimated pay (displays jobs that include a pay listed)
- On-site: work in person
- Remote: work from home
- Employer Contacts
- check the box to explore employers that are open to messaging. Learn more about messaging employers on an active job posting in Messaging Employers in Handshake.
- Job role
- Learn more about Job Roles (Students).
- Employer preferences
- Work authorization
- Curated by your school
- Learn more in Curated Employers At Your School
- Labeled by your school
- Learn more in How to Search Using Labels.
- Employer Groups
- Job types
Once you've added all the desired search criteria, click Show Results in the lower-right corner of the All filters pop-up. If you'd like to clear your search results and start over, click Clear in the lower-left corner of the pop-up.
Jobs that match your search criteria are listed on the left side of the page. Click on any job of interest to learn more about the position!
For a breakdown of the content displayed on the jobs overview page, check out Apply for a Job in Handshake!
Another great way to continue your search for jobs and internships is to create a saved search and set job alerts. You can learn how to use saved job search and alerts by checking out the following resources:
- Saved Job Searches and Alerts
- Jobs Digests and Recommendations
- Video: Search for, Save, and Apply to Jobs in Handshake
To save a job for later, click the bookmark icon. For more information, refer to My Saved Jobs in Handshake.
Ready to apply?
Apply for a Job in Handshake elaborates on job posting content and application methods!