If you are interested in qualifying your appointments by School Year, Department GPA, Cumulative GPA, Major, College or Labels, follow the steps in this article.
Considerations prior to setting qualifications:
- When qualifications are set, students must have matching information on their profile in order to select the appointment type. For example, if you've set a qualification for School Years, and a student does not have a school year selected on their profile, they will not be able to select the appointment type with that qualification.
- Determine which appointment types you would like to qualify and how your staff will add these to their profile.
- Identify the qualifying factors you'll select, and ensure that your imported (qualifying) students have the relevant fields completed on their profile.
- If the field is not completed (blank), the student is considered "not qualified" and cannot select the appointment.
You can choose from the following qualifications:
- School Years: (checkboxes, select one or many)
- Accelerated Masters
- Masters of Business Administration
- Postdoctoral Studies
- First Year Community / Technical College
- Second Year Community / Technical College
- Certificate Program
- Cumulative GPA Required? (check box)
- Cumulative GPA (text field, numerical value)
- Major Groups (click green button Select Major Groups)
- Colleges (click in the text field or begin typing, then select colleges from the menu)
- Required Labels (click in the text field or begin typing, then select labels from the menu)
To set appointment qualifications
1. When you're ready to set qualifications, click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, click School Settings, then click Appointment Types from the menu on the left of the page.
2. From here, you can either create a new appointment type if needed, or you can edit an existing appointment type. For more information, refer to School Settings: Appointment Types.
Tip: If you're editing an existing appointment type, use the filters or keyword search at the top of the page to narrow down displayed types!
3. When creating a new type or editing an existing type, click the Requirements tab at the bottom-middle of the page.
4. Choose the qualifications that you would like to enforce for this particular appointment type.
Tip: Pay attention to the student drill down on the right side of the screen to determine how many students qualify for the appointment type.
Example setup for appointments that use colleges as qualifications
- Industry Expertise
Appointment Types - Qualifications:
- Job Shadow - College of Engineering
- Job Shadow - College of Education
- Job Shadow - College of Arts and Sciences
- Internship Selection - College of Engineering
- Internship Selection - College of Education
- Internship Selection - College of Arts and Sciences