Job postings must be approved in order to be discoverable by your students. Employers can request to post jobs to your institution in Handshake provided they are both approved to connect with your school and granted the permission(role) Post Jobs.
To review jobs pending at your institution, click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then click on the Pending tab.
Job posting requests can be processed in the following ways:
- from the list of pending jobs
- from the job posting overview page
- in bulk from the list of pending jobs
- automatically approved by the system
- intuitively prompted
- via Employer Permissions
Process pending jobs individually
From the list of pending jobs
To approve an individual posting from the list of pending jobs, in the column to the far right titled Approve Posting? click Yes or No in the corresponding job's row to approve or decline that posting.
From the job posting overview page
1. From the list of jobs, click directly on the job title to open the job's overview page, which displays all of the postings details. Scroll down the page to review job posting information.
- If you'd like more information from the employer prior to approving, you may add a comment to the job to find out more about the job functions or the expiration date. Type your comment in the text field, then click Add Comment to save.
2. To process the posting, in the Status row, click the button for either Approved or Declined, then click the Save or Save and View Next (to review the next pending posting).
- Approved: Save will turn green and update to "Save Approved" or "Save Approved & View Next"
- Declined: Save will turn red and update to "Save Declined" or "Save Declined & View Next"
Process pending jobs in bulk
1. From the list of jobs, click to check the box to the immediate left of the job posting's title––check as many as is desired, or click Select All in the column header row to select all listed postings.
2. To process the postings, in the column header row, click Approve, or click the dropdown menu More, then click Decline.
3. A confirmation prompt will appear indicating the number of jobs selected and the action chosen Approve / Decline. Click Confirm to proceed.
Note: refresh your browser to display the updated page.
Configure automatic job approvals
Best Practice: Start Small; allow auto-approval for only your most trusted employers at first which may include: Alumni, Employers that attended your career fair, Fortune 500, or local/recruiters you have worked with in the past.
When you've approved 4 consecutive job postings from the same company and click to approve the 5th, a notice will appear immediately after approval, asking if you want to enable auto-approval for the employer.
Click the option to Turn On Auto-Approval to enable automatic job approvals for future job posting requests.
A confirmation will pop-up in the lower-right corner of the screen indicating that job postings from that company will now be auto-approved.
Note: if there are any other pending jobs from that employer, those jobs still must be manually processed. Only job postings requested after auto-approval is turned on will be auto-approved.
When employer requests are being processed, after selecting the permission (role) "Post Jobs", you can also select "Auto-Approve Jobs". This will auto-approve all future job posting requests from this employer. For more information, review Processing Employer Approval Requests.
Likewise, you can setup default employer approval preferences as described in School Settings: Default Employer Approval Preferences.