Having an employer account, associated with your career service admin account, provides you with two key benefits:
- It will allow you to view and use Handshake as an employer so that you’re better able to provide support to your employer partners.
- It will allow you to engage in on-campus recruiting so that you and others on campus can hire students at your school.
If you click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Handshake platform screen and you notice that you do not have an employer view option, you will need to either create your school’s employer account or simply join the employer account that has been created for your use.
To learn more about how to create a new employer account for your school, read Register for an on campus employment account.
To join an employer account associated with your career services account
- First, you will need to logout of your career services account. Click your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select Sign Out. This will bring you to the Handshake page where you can join your school employer account.
- Click Sign Up for An Account
- Click the Employer button which will bring up the employer registration form.
- Fill in the information requested. Be sure to use the same email address that you use for your career services account. You can use your same password.
- Click Sign Up to continue.
- Enter in your preferences and click Continue
- A window will appear asking if you are a Third Party Recruiter, click No, which means that you work for the the employer you are creating the account for.
- Click the Continue button.
- A confirmation page will appear. Anticipate a short wait, approximately 5-10 minutes, before you receive a confirmation email with a link enabling you to confirm your Handshake account.
- When you receive your confirmation email, Click the link provided.
Note: If you don't receive a confirmation email, see the steps outlined in this confirmation email article
- You will be brought to a page which will allow you to connect with your school's on-campus employment account.
- Type in the name of your school.
- When you find your school, click the Join button.
- Next, you will see the option to connect with schools. This is the same process that employers will go through when registering for an account. Search for your school and click the plus to connect.
- If you are not automatically connected with your school's on campus employment account you will see the following message:
- To learn more about being in a pending status at your company, read What does it mean to be "pending" at a school?
- Reach out to the point of contact in your office to get connected to your on campus employment account.