Ready to create an account with Handshake? Follow these steps to get started:
Select the Employer account type from the options presented
Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
- Enter your recruiting interests and Alma Mater to help us better understand how you'll use Handshake. Then click Next: Employer Guidelines:
- If you are a third party recruiter select answer Yes, then review and check the box to agree to Handshake's third party recruiter policy to move forward. If you are not a third party recruiter, select No. Then, click Next: Confirm Email.
- Next, you will see the following screen, which contains instructions on how to verify your account via the email address you provided. The email should arrive within 10 minutes and will contain a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process. If you don't receive a confirmation email, please see our Confirmation Email Troubleshooting Guide.
- When the email arrives, click the Confirm Email button to verify your account.
- When you click Confirm Email in your confirmation email, you will be brought back to Handshake. If your company already exists in our system, you'll see the following page. You can click Request to connect with that company and then select Next: Connect to Schools.
- If this is not the right company, or if no company pre-populates, you can use the search bar to find your company. If your company does not exist, you can click the Create New Company button. Read How do I create a company profile to learn more about completing your company profile in Handshake.
- Helpful Tip: If this is not your company and you think that an additional account should be opened for your domain you should reach out to email@example.com to discuss opening an additional Handshake account.
Troubleshooting Tip: What to do if you accidentally joined the wrong company