An experience in Handshake is a way to submit a credit bearing internship for approval. Once you submit an experience you can manage it through Handshake and create learning objectives to track your progress. Experiences can also be used to track outcome information if your school is collecting your offer history.
1.Click Experiences on the left navigation bar
2. Click Report an Experience
3. Choose the Experience Type that works for your specific Internship. Each school is able to add their own custom templates which include surveys, attachments, and multiple approvers, so Experience Types will vary by school.
4. Enter in the details about your employer
5. Next, enter the specifics of the job/internship
7. You will then be asked to input the information for the approver(s) for this Experience.
8. Lastly, you will fill out custom survey questions if one is attached for this Experience type. If there isn't one, you can skip to the next step.
9. Select Save in the bottom right corner to complete the Experience. You will then see that the Experience has been successfully created and is pending approval from your school's Career Services.
Once your experience has been approved you can stay connected to the career center by communicating in the comments section and view evaluations from the advisors involved.