Ready to connect with a school and its students? To get started, you’ll first need to get approval from the school by following these steps:
- From any page in Handshake, click on Schools located on the left hand navigation bar. This will bring up the schools overview screen. If you’ve already requested approval from one or more schools, your status with each of those schools will appear here.
- To find the school you’re looking for, click on the Find Schools tab located in the upper right of your screen, or the Add More Schools button next to the search bar. This will bring up a listing of all schools.
- To find the your school of choice:
- Scroll through the list, OR
- Type the name of the school in the search bar, OR
- Use the filters on the left to narrow the list of schools shown.
- When you locate your school of choice, click on the + button next to the school. Your request will immediately be sent to the school and your status with the school will change to “pending”. To learn more about this, read What does it mean to be in "Pending status" with a school?
Important Note: Each school has its own policy about how quickly it processes employer approval requests and Handshake is unable to accelerate approvals on a school’s behalf. If you require expedited approval, or if you’re concerned about the status of your request, you may want to contact the school directly to discuss. To do so, click on the school’s name from the school overview page to be taken to the school’s profile page. You can also search for a school using the blue search bar located at the very top of the page. Once you're on the schools' profile page, you’ll see a contact box where you can enter a note that will go to the school’s career services team.