Please see our External Feeds Video Here: https://youtu.be/xrRgQk5KXzE
External feeds are a way for you to display information from Handshake on external sites. To setup an external feed:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click School Settings from the drop down
2. Click External Feeds from the school settings menu list
3. Click the tab New External Feed in the upper-right corner of the page
4. Select a name for the External Feed, for example, Remote Opportunities.
5. Choose the type of external feed.
- Career Fairs
6. Select a "version" for your external feed, then click Next.
- Our "v1" feeds include minimal detail in the title and description fields for each feed item and are supported for legacy clients.
- Our "v2" feeds include additional information (For career fairs and events, the title now also includes the date, the description now also includes the date and location. For jobs the title now has the employer name,the description now also includes expiration date and the employer name) for each feed item and should be preferred.
7. Choose the filters you would like on the left side of the screen, then click Next at the bottom of the screen when you are satisfied with your filters.
- Example: A label titled "remote opportunities"
- There are a lot of filters available. Here is the full list of filters you can use for a job feed.
8. Change the status of the External Feed to Published and click Save Changes.
9. You will need to provide the Public Link to your IT department or manager of the website you want the feed added to. If you need to regenerate the link you can do so from this page.
Note: The link should be embedded in a RSS feed widget to get the xml in a readable format.