There are three ways to approve students at your school
Through "User Requests" or "Email Actions"
Students/Alumni may request access at your university if they were not imported into your Handshake account.
If you would like to approve the student:
- Click the User Request Bin in the top navigation bar
- Review the Student and Mentor users who are pending approval
- If you don't see this - check out the section below about adding by existing email address
- Click on the name of the user to open the details of the student request
- Follow the steps in this article: What do I do with pending student requests?
Through "Add Existing User By Email Address"
If the student is registered on Handshake, not in your user requests, and not connected to a different school, or if you accidentally rejected the original request, you can still add them by following these steps:
- Go to Manage Students
- On the manage students page, type their email into the "Add Existing User By Email Address"
Adding a new student
If the student doesn't have an account at all yet, you can add them with a new profile from the "Manage Students" page.
From that page, you can fill out the students details, and click create. The student will receive an email letting them know they have a new account.