If you are interested in creating an event in Handshake you can follow these instructions:
1. Click Events on the left navigation bar. A list of all approved upcoming events with your school will appear.
- Tip: Use the filters on the left side of the screen to narrow down your search (for example, if you want to use information from a past event). Use the Include Past Events or Include Declined Events to include those events as well.
2. Click New Event in the upper-right of the page.
3. Enter in the details for the event coming up on campus.
- Career Center: If you have multiple career centers on campus you will want to include the career center this event if for.
- Type: Select the type of event you will be hosting.
- Classroom Presentation
- Employer On-site
- Group Appointment
- Info Session
- Mock Interview
- Virtual Session (if you'd like to track virtual attendee checkins, make sure you use this event type!)
- Classroom Presentation
- Name: This is the name of the event that will appear to students and in reporting.
- Contacts: The contact(s) that should be linked to the event, this can be a user in Handshake or a contact that you add manually on this page.
- Pending: This event will not be visible to students yet. If you add an employer it will be visible to the employer.
- Approved: This event will be visible to students but they will not be able to register until the Student Registration Start Date (if you have included one).
- Invite Only: This event will only be visible to students that you invite. The invitation for the event is sent to the students as an email.
- Start Date: This is the start date and time of the event
- End Date: This is the end date and time of the event
- Time zone: The timezone the event is hosted in.
- Image: For dimensions see this article: Handshake Image Size Guide
- Description: Where you can highlight details about the event
- Room: The room on campus that the event will be held in. This field can be left blank for virtual events.
- **URL: Only visible if you've selected a Virtual event type - you'll be able to add the meeting link here.
- **Location: Only visible if you've selected an event type other than virtual.
- Note: If you select a Room from the dropdown, the Room's address (from your school settings) will be used and overrides the Location field. Only select a Room if the event is hosted on-campus.
- Student Registration Start: This field is optional and is when students can start registering for your event.
- If you specify a student registration start date that is in the future students will see the following message Registration is currently closed
- Student Registration End: When the cut off date for student registrations is.
- Student Limit: The number of students who are allowed to attend your event. If you designate a limit and the capacity is met, students will have an option to join the waitlist.
- Employer Cost: The cost of the event to the employer.
- Student Cost: The cost of your event on campus.
- External Registration Link: If you are tracking registrations outside of Handshake then you can include an external registration link. Keep in mind that registrations will no longer be tracked in Handshake if you include the external registration link.
- Attendee Survey: When a student registers for an event they will see the Attendee Survey as part of the registration process. Creating and Testing Surveys
- Student Welcome Message: When a student registers for an event they will see the student welcome message in their email
- Name Tag Printing: More Information Here
Please Note: If you register a student from the waitlist, the student will receive a confirmation email alerting them of the registration. Refer to Waitlists for Fairs & Events for more information.