Education start and end dates do *not* automatically adjust the currently attending field, and conflicts can cause a user's record to fail to sync.
primary_education:start_date, primary_education:end_date, and primary_education:currently attending:
- Not required fields
- One can exist without the other
- Must not conflict with each other
Some examples of conflicts that will cause a record to fail:
- primary_education:start_date is after the primary_education:end_date
- primary_education:end_date has expired (student has graduated) but primary_education:currently_attending is being passed as TRUE
- primary_education:currently_attending set to TRUE
- primary_education:end_date set to 2015-05-01
Please note that if a student has adjusted data in their profile (that is not being passed in the student sync) that conflicts with a piece of the student sync, this will cause the record to fail.
- School is syncing in only the end date
- The student has adjusted their profile to have a start date after that said end date